Once you are a fully signed up member and have full trading privileges, buying wine through the Cavex platform is a very simple process:
- Search for any wine by country, region, vintage or price range. The wine selected may or may not already have a live offer
- If a live offer does exist on a wine you wish to bid against, check the contract type of the stock being offered, A, B or C and photos if applicable. See the Cavex contracts for full details. If an offer does not exist place a new bid by selecting your chosen product under a 12 x 75cl, A type contract.
- Once a wine is chosen, simply click on the description to reveal the market. Place a bid at a price you are willing to pay. If there is an existing offer, you can bid against it or if you are happy to pay the offer price, match it. It is your market place
- You will be asked to reconfirm the bid price to allow for any typing errors or mistaken entries
- Once submitted, should your bid be matched, you enter a binding contract to buy at the bid price. We add the Cavex commission rate and VAT on the service to the matched price. VAT is not added to the total case value
- When a trade is matched, you will be notified that payment is immediately due on the purchase. This not only ensures swift delivery to you, but swift payment to the Seller too
- For security, you will be asked to submit funds directly to Cavex. The funds are held in a segregated client account and can be paid by bank transfer, a PayPal account or by credit or debit card using PayPal. Handling fees are applicable for all non UK payments made by Bank Transfer. These are dependent on your country of residence and will be clearly displayed before payment is required
- Once payment has been received in full, Cavex notifies the Seller and they send the stock directly from their bonded storage account to yours
- Please ensure to ask your provider to condition check the wine when it arrives at your storage account. If you are exporting ask your shipper to inspect the wines before they leave the UK
- When satisfied, you will be asked to notify Cavex through the platform that the wine/s has been received in the condition expected. Cavex will then release the funds due to the Seller
- The Buyer can follow every stage of the transaction through their account page. The result, both parties are satisfied that the best price has been attained with quick delivery and quick payment
If you have further questions or would like clarification on any point, please do contact us and we will be happy to talk to you.
Continuing with Cavex’s exciting expansion plan in 2016, we would like to announce that we have just moved office. We are still located in our hometown of Henley on Thames. However, our new location affords us more scope for future development as we grow our company. 33 Hart Street, 1st Floor Office, Henley-On-Thames, Oxfordshire, RG9 [...]
As part of Cavex’s current expansion plans we are delighted to announce that Will Buckland will be joining the team today, as head of sales. Will brings a wealth of sales experience from his time at Planet of the Grapes and, most recently, Vindemia.
The Davies Turner Fine Wine team offers consultancy in meeting your individual requirements, building long-term partnerships with their clients, suppliers and partners worldwide. Founded in 1870 and still remaining in private ownership, they have over 140 years experience in freight forwarding being the UK’s leading independent freight and logistics provider. They have become the largest [...]
NEXUS Wine Collections is the largest independent inventory storage service in the UK, managing over £80m on behalf of a wealth of domestic and international clients. Using his 20 years experience in the trade, Mark Bevan has created a business to cater for all types of wine collector from casual drinker to institutional investor. NEXUS [...]
Connoisseur International is a specialist global provider of logistical solutions concerning wines and spirits based in London. They provide a variety of services including worldwide door to door export and import air freight, express courier, refrigerated ocean and road services. Collections are available on a daily basis utilising their own fleet of vehicles from all UK bonded [...]